babibatuta

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Beginning the Pilgrimage

So here we are, one day before we begin our trip to the Holy Land of Jerusalem. It has been a long time awaiting and my family and I are very excited. We land into Tel Aviv after spending a few days in London so stay tuned for updates on our journeys. It is interesting that we have had so many people comment on what we should expect when we get there, and frankly, they are all very divergent in views. As such, I have no idea what to expect......

While there, I also wanted to visit some relief offices of a charity that I volunteer with but I heard back and they told me it is too dangerous and they couldn't guarantee my safey. Not very encouraging!!!! I pray that we will have the opportunity of visiting the haram al-sharief and would be even better to pray jumma there as well as visit all of the other historical sites in the area. Please pray for us. More later..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own personalized map of the USA or check out ourCalifornia travel guide